Over the years, kitchens have become a more and more important part of the home. Throughout most of the history of the kitchen-- especially in high-end homes-- it was closed off from the rest of the home, considered more of a workspace than a living one. The popularity of cooking as a creative outlet and admirable skill encouraged the trend of open kitchens, eat-in kitchens, and kitchens suited for socializing in. Today, the kitchen can be the most important room of a home and many buyers will make decisions based primarily on this room. A well-appointed kitchen can be a spectacular place to spend time with family and friends, and thus a major selling point for a home.
We adore lovely kitchens and appreciate the many styles that can be done. Here are a few of our favorites from our current and recent Montecito real estate listings:
1. Between the view, eat-in kitchen, and center island, this Mediterranean kitchen was certainly designed to spend some quality time in.
2. This very white kitchen with over-sized spaces and counter tops, and a pitched ceiling achieves a very heavenly feel.
3. This kitchen, in a modern, Spanish-style home, features another white-based space that is far from bland. Dark accents and exquisite details make it feel refreshing yet opulent.
4. Stainless steel and sleek lines make this contemporary kitchen so beautiful, you'll forget there are other rooms to relax in.
5. Vintage-style appliances make this country kitchen an incredible and unique living space.
These are merely but a few impressive spaces; we'll be back soon to showcase some more exceptional kitchens, including old world Mediterranean styles and kitchens that make a small space a gorgeous one.